28 August 2015

Title: Bounce (Boomerang #3)
Author: Noelle August
Publisher: William Marrow, 304 Pages (August 25th, 2015)
Add to: Goodreads
Order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: Playing the occasional club gig just isn’t cutting it for twenty-two-year-old cellist Skyler Canby, who’s trying to support herself and her mother back home in Kentucky. Persuaded by her best friend Beth to accompany her on an audition for the first feature film launched by Blackwood Entertainment, she figures why not? Beth’s a shoe-in for the lead, but maybe Skyler’s newly dyed pink hair will help her stand out enough to score a small speaking part.

Never in her wildest dreams does Skyler imagine she’ll land the lead role or that she’ll have her shoes knocked off her feet by the kiss her audition partner, Grey Blackwood, plants on her—a kiss that feels very real and not at all “acted. ”

After throwing a party that causes thousands of dollars of damage to his older brother’s home, reckless musician Grey Blackwood gets roped into working off his debt on the set of his CEO brother’s newest project. Grey spends his days fetching coffee and doing odd jobs around the studio, but he lives for nights when he performs with his band. He knows if he can stay focused, success as a singer is just around the corner. But that’s tough with a distracting pink-haired girl occupying his every waking thought.

Skyler and Grey have every reason to resist each other. But, like a song neither of them can get out of their minds, they have no choice but to go where the music takes them. 

Author Interview:

Hi Ladies! Thanks again for taking the time out to chat with me; it’s great to have you back on the blog. This time we’re here to celebrate all that is Bounce!! 

I’ve read it, loved it (as I have the previous two books) and I’d love to know a few things about the book, characters and your process when it comes to writing with a co-author.

V: Thanks for having us back! I'm glad you loved the book!

L: Yay! We love it too.

First things first… did you always know you wanted to write a book in the series featuring Adams younger brother Grey? And what is it about him as a character that you both fell in love with while writing his story?

V: I think we did always know we wanted to write about Grey. And for my part, I love how he lives passionately and unapologetically. He's younger than our other two heroes, but in a lot of ways, Grey owns who he is more than they did. He's not trying to please a darn soul. That said, he's not aggressive or pushy about what he wants, either. He's genuinely a sweet guy... who knows what he wants and goes for it.

And then Skyler, she’s super talented and kind of falls into her leading role in more ways than one. What was something about her that neither of you saw coming while reading this layered character?

L: Originally, we’d pitched the book with Beth in Skyler’s role, so just her appearance as the protagonist is a bit unexpected! But we realized it help more possibilities in its way than Beth (who I’d really still love to give a story!) I think her struggles with food and weight came as a bit of a surprise, too, as did her relationship with her father. In some ways, she’s the most uncertain and vulnerable of the series characters, but like her friends, Mia and Beth, she has this core of strength that would appear in unexpected ways for me.

Since this is the last in the series, which I was sad to learn…, what’s something you’ll miss from each of the characters?

V: It's technically the last, but maybe not really the last. We talk about keeping it going, somehow, since we miss working together. As for the characters, I'll miss Ethan's wisdom and Mia's charm. I'll miss Ali's kind heart, and Adam's deep sense of loyalty. And I'll miss Grey's and Skyler's passion.

L: I definitely agree with all of that. I think I’ll miss Ethan’s kindness too. Him coaching those little kids was just the greatest. For Mia, I’ll miss her confidence. Ali: her honesty with herself. Adam: His worldliness and integrity. Sky: Her creativity and mastery of her art(s). Grey: Definitely, his sweetness, his physicality (as I imagine it), his passion, and his raw energy.

And a follow up question, if you had a chance to visit the Boomerang world again, who’s a character or two that you’d love to spend some time with in telling their story?

V: Cookie was a crowd-favorite! I also really liked writing Titus in BOUNCE, and Jason and Isis in BOOMERANG.

L: I could happily write the hell out of half of a Titus/Beth story or a Jason/Isis story. And maybe a Cookie/??? story, though I can’t even imagine the man (beast?) who could take her on.  I can also see great adventures for Paolo or Pippa or Phillipe. All the “P” characters. :)

So, I know I’m extremely curious how you two went about writing these books together? How did you do it?

L:  Basically, Veronica and I would meet over a long weekend and hatch the basic plot and overall story structure without going too deep into scene-by-scene planning, which allowed for some flexibility and mid-course corrections—of which we took happy advantage!

Then, I’d take ownership of one viewpoint (the girl’s), and V would take the other (the dude’s) and we’d shoot the manuscript back and forth, aiming, generally, for a scene a day, except if our schedules became wonky. Then it was two scenes a day.

We’d also email a lot, chat via phone and Skype, and leave each other notes within the file, sometimes suggesting element for upcoming scenes, sometimes just cheering each other on. While the process had its challenges—almost exclusively due to our busy schedules, it really worked great, and I miss it!

Did anything change in your process from writing the first book to the second and now the third?

V: I'm not sure anything changed, as much as that we became more comfortable with the process as we went along. I think we really fell into a groove early with BOUNCE. All of the books were fun to write, but BOUNCE was really fun.

And lastly, what’s next for you two? Will we see more from Noelle August in the future? 

V: I have a YA coming up in February called RIDERS. It's a modern-day fantasy, about four teens who become incarnations of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. See: action, adventure, romance. The sequel to that will be out in 2017. Beyond that, I'm working on a few things, but still early stages. And as for Noelle August, it's definitely on the table!

L: I’d like to note that RIDERS is AWESOME and should be immediately pre-ordered by all people, everywhere.

As for me, I feel like I should put all of my many book ideas on a giant Wheel of Fortune and just spin. Or let someone pick it out of the hat.  Maybe we need a giveaway where someone gets to dictate what I write next, and I dedicate the book to him or her! Any takers?

Ladies, as always… it’s been a pleasure! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer these questions. Can’t wait to see what you write for us readers/fans next!

Thanks so much for having us!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love