25 January 2014

Title: Prince of Blood and Steel
Author: Nazarea Andrews and A.J. Elmore
Publisher: A&A Literary (January 30th 2014)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
No purchase links at the time of posting

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: The exiled heir has returned home….

Seth Morgan has returned to New York to find his family’s crime syndicate in shambles and his brother, Caleb, plotting a coup. When a vicious retaliation puts Caleb in the ground, the younger prince is left to find his own answers in a family that feels like strangers.

A sheltered princess no one needs….

Emma Morgan has lived her life in the syndicate, protected and sheltered from their way of life. When her favorite cousin returns and asks for her assistance, she doesn’t hesitate—she’s been loyal to Seth most of her life. But the more they dig into the mysteries surrounding Caleb’s death, the more both are forced to realize that the most dangerous thing isn’t the crime they broker—it’s the family they’ve trusted.

Review: 4 StarsPrince of Blood and Steel by authors Nazarea Andrews and A.J. Elmore is a book like none other that I’ve previously read. Extremely descriptive from beginning to end, the dangerous world of the Morgan family gives readers a look at the darker side of a crime family at war within its ranks.

As mentioned above the Morgan family is dangerous. Or maybe I should say extremely dangerous. They are born and breed into the strict code within their family and learn to move their way up through the ranks. They are very protective of each other yet when one of them goes against the codes and laws of their family they better watch out because they just might get a bullet to the head.

When Seth finally returns home after having been sent away for the last two years in hopes of making an alliance with another crime syndicate, he comes back to find his family and the world he left behind nothing like what he remembers.

Seth is a very hard character to get a feel for. He’s very reserved and keeps his thoughts and emotions locked away. He’s been forced to become this way because of his family. He’s next in line to take over the business. His older brother Caleb has always been bitter that his father chose his younger brother to take over.

It’s when Seth returns that the Morgan family is upended and when one major event happens it creates a snowball effect and Seth needs answers. That’s where his cousin Emma comes in. She’s always been overlooked and protected. She’s also close to the brothers and when Seth returns she see’s just how much he’s changed, just how much the family has changed and she wants to learn the family business and to help Seth find answers.

When I started reading, the beginning of the book was hard to get used to. The way its written and how descriptive things are and all the inner dialogue wasn’t at all what I had been expecting. The more I read, the more I understood why the authors had written the book as it is. There needs to be all of the descriptions. The inner dialogue is key to the story because the characters hold just about everything back the majority of the time.

Andrews and Elmore have created their own version of New York City and a crime family which they have made sure to cover all the gory details when it comes to the darker side of life as a Morgan. There’s lots of blood, lots of deceit and lots of twists that’ll leave you wondering if there is anything good within this family.

The key parts to this title that I loved were how lost I became in the story and the characters once I got used to the way this one is written. I also loved how I never knew what was going to happen next in the story. I didn’t know what to expect, never knew what danger lurked or who might get stabbed in the back next or shot.

If there’s one thing I should say is that this title isn’t for the faint of heart. There’s plenty of harsh language, sex, drinking, drugs and violence. Pretty much anything you can imagine that happens in a crime family these two authors have covered. That being said, I recommend this title to those who like reading something a bit on the darker side. There’s a lot to like in this gem of a book. With an ending that’ll leave you more than ready for the next book in this exciting new series, which there’s no doubt that I can’t wait to see what happens next in the Morgan crime syndicate I think that many others will find there’s a lot to love with this title too. Read and enjoy!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love