15 September 2013

Guest Post: Take Me Now author, Faith Sullivan

Title: Take Me Now (Take Me Now #1)
Author: Faith Sullivan
Publisher: (July 16th, 2013)
Add to: Goodreads
Order online here: Amazon, Barnes and NobleAmazon UK

Check out my review of: Take Me Now

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: How do you survive the internship from hell?

Don't fall in love.

Ivy thought being a reporter-in-training at the Independent Gazette would be her dream summer job. Little did she know, interviewing Eric, a landscaper with a heart of gold, would derail her plans. It turns out Ivy's boss, Lauren, has been eying his chiseled physique for quite some time.

But at twenty-four, Eric already has a tragic past, one that he is still reeling from. Even though his ordeal turned him into some sort of local celebrity, it's been a while since he's shared his bed with anyone. When he comes to Ivy's rescue out of the blue, it's not long before the two of them start seeing each other behind Lauren's back. When they get caught, Ivy's journey toward a college degree is jeopardized and her relationship with Eric is severely put to the test.

Career versus love? In the end, a shocking turn of events provides Ivy with a revelation she never saw coming.

Guest Post:

Why did I decide to write New Adult and create characters who are fifteen years younger than me? Hmm...probably because I don't think I'll ever grow up. Now don't be shocked, but I really don't consider myself an 'adult.' Sure, I have the responsibilities and pressures that come with getting older, but deep down I feel like a newbie. I've had many life transitions from relationships to career changes so I've been in the position of starting over more times than I care to count. I guess that's why I tend to gravitate to characters who are trying to find their way in the world...because I'm right there with them.

Not to mention, the guys are definitely...hotter. As a writer, I'm able to explore more intimate moments with characters in their late teens and early twenties. And while New Adult gets a bum rap for being erotica in sheep's clothing, for me, that's not really the issue. Is it liberating to be able to write an R-rated love scene? Sure, but what draws me in is that it goes beyond the concept of an idealized, first love. These characters are more experienced and jaded, maybe even a tad cynical. They've been burned, so they're a bit wary of diving headfirst into something new. For me, that's the moment when things start to get interesting, and a character's pain and resentment can be explored against the beginnings of a possible new relationship.

Also, the stakes are higher when parents are removed from the equation. There's no longer a protective bubble hovering overhead and the full force of the outside world comes rushing in. It can be a major wake-up call for characters learning to stand on their own two feet for the first time. And watching that process of evolution is so rewarding. Witnessing their growth and seeing their potential realized, there's no better payoff for a reader...or a writer.

New Adult loosens a lot of restraints. It allows me to explore more mature subject matter and heavier themes. On the flip side, it skirts the line of not having to adhere to traditional formulas that can bog it down a narrative like marriage, kids and the whole nine yards. For me, this new category of storytelling is the ultimate when it comes to freedom of expression. There's nothing holding me back from telling a good story. It's a brave new world of cutting edge fiction, and I'm truly honored to be a part of it.

Find Faith Online:

Website/Blog | Twitter | Goodreads

Order all of Faith's books Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Amazon UK

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love