23 October 2012

Crossroads Tour: Carrie Harris



Zombies, Zombies everywhere and not a brain to eat! Lol Seriously, zombies in books, tv and movies are gaining every day. This makes me happy because I love a good zombie. Of all the Supernatural/Paranormal creatures out there, I’m all about Zombies getting more recognition. What is it about these transformed humans that appeals to you?

I feel the same way! I think zombies may have been a little slow to catch on compared to other supes because it’s pretty tough to make a rotting corpse sexy. There’s nothing hot about lurching and having your body parts fall off, right? Personally, I love that they’re not sexy. They can be scary, yes. Camptastically funny, yes. They can even make you think about what makes a person human. But you do NOT want to make out with them. And I think that makes it possible to tell a different kind of story, and it’s the kind of story I love—the ones that make you alternately bite your nails and snarf stuff out your nose.

Not that I’m against kissing. A little kissing at the right moment is AWESOME. I just have no desire to kiss a zombie, which is probably a pretty healthy attitude on my part, don’t you think?

In a Zombie Apocalypse what would be your weapon of choice? And what would be the one food (ie. Twinkie hunting in Zombieland) you’d be in search for while kicking butt and surviving?

Well, if you’re only going to have one weapon in a zombie apocalypse, you need something that isn’t going to run out of ammo, is strong enough to penetrate a skull, and isn’t going to break easily, because who knows how long it’s going to be before you have a chance to replace it? Ideally, I’d like to have a machete and a steel baseball bat. If I can only have one, I’ll duct tape them together. That counts, right? If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying.

And I kind of want to hunt for Twinkies just so I can say I have something in common with Tallahassee. He’s on my desktop background, and it says, “It’s time to nut up or shut up.” Which cracks me up.

The second book in the Kate Grable series comes out in November, are you working on book three? Or is there something else top secret you’re working on and can tell us about?

Well, I’ve recently announced a novella starring Jonah Grable, a bunch of gamer geeks, and an airborne yeti, which I’ve creatively titled BAD YETI. That comes out on the same day as BAD HAIR DAY. And then my next book in the works is something totally different. It’s called DEMON DERBY, and it’s about a former cancer patient who becomes a demon fighting roller derby girl. That will be out early in 2014. So I pretty much walk around in a state of bouncy excitement all the time.

And lastly, how about a fun question? Being that it’s the scariest time of the year – Halloween – what’s your favorite?

Scary Book: GAH HOW CAN I PICK JUST ONE?!! Okay, the best scary book that I’ve read recently is TEN by Gretchen McNeil. It’s about 10 kids on a remote island, and someone’s killing them one by one. I LOVED it.
Scary Movie: Well, we’ve already thrown some love to Zombieland, so I’m going to drag out one of my other favorites: Fright Night II. This movie has a vampire with 80s hair band hair on roller skates, and if that isn’t the awesomest thing ever, I don’t know what is.
Halloween Candy: I love Reese’s. My husband and I take turns trick-or-treating and giving out candy, and when I’m on candy duty I’m always, “One Reese’s for the kids, one for me. One for the kids, two for me.” THAT’S FAIR, RIGHT?!?
Costume from Halloween’s Past: It’s a toss-up between slasher film cheerleader and sparkly vampire (my fangs kept falling out, which felt like a real commentary on the Cullens, don’t you think?). Oh, but wait! There was the time I was pregnant and went as a Magic 8 Ball. TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. ASK AGAIN LATER.

You see what I did there? Ask again later. Tee hee. Anyway, thanks for having me here and for giving me an excuse to ramble about Halloween. That’s one of my favorite things EVER.


Title: Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable #1)
Author: Carrie Harris
Publisher: Delacorte Press, 201 Pages (July 12th, 2011)
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Someone's been a very bad zombie.
Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town  . . . and stay hormonally human.





Find Carrie Online: 

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Order Carrie's Books Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository



GIVEAWAY!

How the Crossroads Tour Giveaway works

All the authors got together and decided, instead of each blog getting one or two titles to giveaway - they'd have a single grand prize - a real doozie. With that in mind each blogger is asked to encourage readers to answer the daily trivia/research question on the tour main page. (http://judithgraves.com/events/the-crossroads-tour/crossroads-2011/) At the end of the tour all answers have to be emailed to judithgraves@ymail.com by midnight on the 29th. 

So, it's your job, to head over to the mail tour page I've linked above, read the question and go find the answer in the posts for that day. Make sure you get your answers in by the deadline - October 29th at Midnight!

Entries will be put in a drawing and a winner chosen randomly.

And I bet you're wondering what the heck this amazing prize is? How about a FREE KINDLE PRELOADED with an eBOOK from each of the Crossroads authors???

The more questions you answer, the better, so be sure to check back each day!

Any questions? Please send them my way!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love