06 March 2012


 HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY TO CLAUDIA & BALTHAZAR!!

Today, I'm happy to welcome Dark Days author Claudia Gray! And to help her celebrate the release day for her new book, BALTHAZAR! Balthazar is a companion novel to her Evernight Series.

As a blogger for the Dark Days tour, today I'm sharing with you the "Biggest" interview
I had a chance to do with Claudia.

Biggest candy craving? If it's chocolate, I want it.

Biggest author moment? Not sure what this means! But I guess nothing quite tops finding out you've sold your first book. I was so shocked I had to sit down on the floor.

Biggest feat you’d like to accomplish? Eventually to have set foot on all seven continents.

Biggest breakthrough when writing a book? Probably it came when I was writing the character of Mateo in the very, very early stages of SPELLCASTER (coming in early 2013); it took his character longer to take shape in my mind, but when he did, he turned out to have an amazing back story. The second-biggest would be while I was writing BALTHAZAR; I'd always found Charity a very difficult character to write in the EVERNIGHT series ... which was all from Bianca's POV. As soon as I was writing about her in a book about Balthazar, though, she suddenly became very easy to write -- I think because he knew her better.

Biggest childhood memory? Probably any happy memory of my pug, Isaac.

Biggest fictional crush? Right now? Professor X! At least as played by James McAvoy. Or as played by Patrick Stewart. Or in comics. Yeah, Professor X.

Biggest wish for one of your characters?
I hope Alec and Tess outwitted the Brotherhood for once and for all after FATEFUL was over. I feel pretty sure they did.

Biggest, most scariest moment? There was a airplane trip from Philadelphia to NYC in a teeny prop plane during a storm that was 45 minutes or pure terror. Lightning, thunder, high winds, turbulence, several sharp dives through the air and all 30 people on board taking turns vomiting or screaming. SO FUN.

Biggest moment of 2011? Probably buying my first house!

Biggest dream trip? That would have to be whatever crazy voyage will finally take me to Antarctica someday.

Biggest challenge ahead of you? I have this crazy idea that I'm going to be able to do my US tour, my Australian tour and the subsequent trip all in two carry-on suitcases. So, packing.

Biggest wish for your fans/readers?
That they always love reading as much as they do right now.

It was such a FUN interview Claudia! I'm thrilled to have had another chance to work with you and host you here on my blog. You are more than welcome back anytime. 

Published: AVAILABLE TODAY, from HarperTeen

Synopsis: Haunted by memories from his first days as a vampire, Balthazar has spent hundreds of years alone—without allies, without love. When he emerges from his isolation to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, Balthazar has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye’s psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Having learned of Skye’s powers and the remarkable effect her blood has on vampires, he plans to use her for his own evil purposes. As they stand together to fight the evil vampire, Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by Skye...just as Redgrave realizes that he can destroy Balthazar once and for all by taking her for his own.

In a story filled with forbidden love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray’s New York Times bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart.

Excerpt:

For a chance to read an excerpt of Balthazar - >>>CLICK HERE<<<

Find Claudia Online:

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Add to Goodreads

Order Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository

Read my review of Balthazar - >>>HERE<<<

For more information on Dark Days, be sure to check out these links:

Dark Days Website | Twitter | FacebookNote: When tweeting be sure to use the hash tag #pitchdarkdays

Check out the book trailer for Balthazar:


*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love