26 March 2012


Hello everyone... it's time for another post for our second month of Blogger Talk, Novel Exposed!! Today we have a exciting and very different, yet fun interview with Partials author, Dan Wells. We hope you'll enjoy it, as much as we have.

A quick message: Jessica (Confessions of a Bookaholic) and I would love to thank everyone who participated in last months discussion. We're still working out the kinks of this new feature for both of our blogs, but we believe it's been a great addition for each of us. We hope you guys will continue along with us for the journey as we bring you new and exciting books and authors each month.


Title: Partials (Partials, #1)
Author: Dan Wells
Publisher: Balzer + Bray, 472 Pages (February 28th, 2012)
Add Partials to: Goodreads
Order Here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Humanity is all but extinguished after a war with partials—engineered organic beings identical to humans—has decimated the world’s population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island. The threat of the partials is still imminent, but, worse, no baby has been born immune to the disease in over a decade. Humanity’s time is running out.

When sixteen-year-old Kira learns of her best friend’s pregnancy, she’s determined to find a solution. Then one rash decision forces Kira to flee her community with the unlikeliest of allies. As she tries desperately to save what is left of her race, she discovers that the survival of both humans and partials rests in her attempts to answer questions of the war’s origin that she never knew to ask.

Top 5 Interview:

1. Give us 5 words you would use to describe Kira?

Smart, Brave, Reckless, Temperamental, Determined

2. 5 words you would use to describe the "world" we see in Partials?

Decaying, Empty, Overgrown, Dangerous, Waiting

3. Tell us 5 ways we would know someone is a Partial?

1-They're stronger, faster, and tougher than a human.
2-They're trained in battle.
3-They heal at a superhuman rate.
4-They can communicate silently with other Partials, which also means:
5-You can tell someone's a Partial if you are a Partial yourself

4. The 5 major survival skills humans would need in order to stay safe.

1-Stay away from old houses; most of them lack steel construction and could collapse if you're not careful.
2-You can find water almost everywhere, but make sure you purify it first. The Old World put a lot of scary chemicals into the soil.
3-Most canned food is still good, so you can find food almost anywhere (but watch out for cans that are bloated or swollen--they've gone bad).
4-Stay away from Partials at all costs.
5-Partials aren't the only bad guys. Wild animals have reclaimed most of the planet, and unscrupulous humans might be the most dangerous threats of all.

5. What are 5 symptoms of the RM virus?

1-Intense fever.
2-Loss of bodily fluids (mucus, urine, sweat), and with that the threat of dehydration.
3-Hallucinations.
4-Loss of muscular control.
5-Destruction of the immune system.

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy touring schedule to stop by today and be part of this months Blogger Talk. It was great to have you here, you're more than welcome anytime and we're looking forward to having you stop by again later this week when we share some favorite quotes with everyone.







Find Dan Online:




  





Book Trailer:



Be sure to stop by again later this week for quotes from Partials and discussion post we hope you'll join in on to help us celebrate this FANTASTIC book and author. 

 *I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this even more now! It's sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to hurry up and read it!

    Great Interview!
    -Kate
    Nomalicious Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview. I liked how he described his world as "waiting". It made me wonder what the world was waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choices for this Q&A! I loved Partials and I'm hoping and waiting for book 2.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love