22 August 2011

Review: Hades (Halo, #2) By: Alexandra Adornetto

Title: Hades (Halo, #2)
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher: Fiewel & Friends, 422 Pages (August 30th, 2011)
From: the Publisher & Amazon Vine Program, Thank You!

Synopsis: Even the love of her boyfriend, Xavier Woods, and her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep the angel Bethany Church from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly her loved ones as well. Can he be trusted in this wager? And what does Jake have Xavier believing about Beth’s fate that may result in an act of betrayal that will leave Bethany – and readers – wondering if Xavier is so good after all?

Review: 3 Stars - Hades, the second book in the Halo series by author Alexandra Adornetto picks up not long after the end of Halo. Adornetto’s detailed writing continues on throughout Hades as her angelic characters are faced with an impossible task and a looming war in the ultimate battle between Heaven and Hell.

Bethany and her family, along with boyfriend Xavier are facing new issues and challenges in this second book. There are new challenges in the war between good and evil that each must face and deal with, when Bethany is “tricked” into a Motorcycle ride with Jake Thorn and ends up in Hell of all places.

With Beth missing and basically on her own with Jake, the story takes on a totally different feel from Halo. I missed the interaction between Beth and her brother and sister – Gabriel & Ivy – and with her boyfriend Xavier. In ways it felt lacking in their relationships because they just…. Sadly weren’t around all that much. However, I mean I totally get it, she’s stuck in hell and the story was about her and her faith and strength to survive and find a way back to everyone and everything she’s come to love. Does she make it back to earth? Is she saved? And what happens to Jake and Xavier? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out now, wont you?

In Halo I was a bit distracted and maybe even a little put off by how descriptive Adornetto’s writing is and while that did happen and I was a bit put off by it, I was interested enough in the story and the characters to continue reading and further to go on to read this second book. Maybe it’s because I was expecting it, but it felt like I was reading more of a story this time instead of reading tons and tons of extremely descriptive details.

All in all Adornetto’s sophomore title Hades had a storyline that was totally unexpected and entertaining to read. With a HUGE cliffhanger ending, I will without a doubt be on the look out for the next book to see what’ll happen next in the fight for good vs. evil, Angels vs. Demons and just where Beth, her family and Xavier will end up in the middle of it all. Fans of the first book and of tales of Angels and Demons will enjoy this series. If you haven’t read the first installment Halo be sure to pick it up today so you’re caught up and ready for Hades comes out on August 30th.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love